With the rapid development of the mold industry in recent years, the application scope of new technologies and new processes continues to expand and progress, and there have been qualitative changes from the accumulation of traditional experience to the application of software development.
The wide range of applications of CAD, CAM and CAE has opened up room for the geometric dimension control technology of our molds and mold products. Because the market demand for molds and mold products is very different, there are many types, in terms of shape, size, material, structure, etc. The large changes and high requirements in various aspects have caused us to encounter many problems and difficulties in the production of molds and products. Among them, how to effectively control cnc machinined and the geometric dimensions of products is very intuitively placed in front of us.
There are different control technologies and methods for different types of molds and products. Today, I am here to talk about the control of the forming size of injection molded products. When it comes to injection molded products, I will definitely talk about injection molds. In general, I start from the following aspects.
- Control of mold design
- First, we must fully understand the mold structure, material, hardness, precision and other aspects of the user’s technical requirements, including whether the shrinkage rate of the formed plastic material is correct, whether the product 3D size modeling is complete, and reasonable processing analysis.
- Full consideration should be given to the various places that affect the appearance of injection products, such as shrinkage holes, flow marks, draft angles, weld lines, and cracks.
- Simplify the cnc turning method of the mold as much as possible without hindering the function and patterning of the injection molded product.
- Whether the selection of the parting surface is appropriate, the mold processing, the appearance of the forming and the deburring of the formed parts must be carefully selected.
- Whether the ejection method is appropriate, whether the push rod, discharge plate, ejection sleeve, etc. are used or other methods, and whether the position of the push rod and the discharge plate is appropriate. Whether the side core pulling mechanism is suitable, the action is flexible and reliable, and there should be no jamming.
- Which method of temperature control is more suitable for plastic products, what kind of structure circulation system is used for temperature control oil, temperature control water, coolant, etc., and whether the size, number, and location of the coolant holes are appropriate.
- The gate type, the size of the material channel and the inlet, and whether the gate position and size are appropriate.
- The influence of heat treatment deformation of various modules and mold cores and whether the selection of standard parts is appropriate.
- Whether the injection volume of the injection molding machine, the injection pressure and the clamping force are sufficient, whether the nozzle R, the aperture of the sprue bushing, etc. match properly. , etc. These aspects are comprehensively analyzed and prepared, and the product parts should be strictly controlled from the initial stage.
- Control of process manufacturing
Although comprehensive considerations and arrangements have been made in the design stage, there will still be many problems and difficulties in actual production. We must meet the original intention of the design as much as possible in the production, and find out that the actual processing is more effective and economical. Of craftsmanship.
- Choose economical 2D and 3D machining programs for machine tools.
- Appropriate tooling and fixtures can also be considered for auxiliary preparation of beryllium-copper, and the reasonable use of tools can prevent product deformation, prevent product shrinkage fluctuations, prevent product demolding deformation, and improve mold manufacturing accuracy. Reduce errors, prevent changes in mold accuracy, etc., a series of production process requirements and solutions.
- General production control
The fluctuation of the geometric dimensions of plastic parts after forming is a common problem, and it is a common phenomenon:
- Control of material temperature and mold temperature Different grades of plastics must have different temperature requirements. Plastic materials with poor fluidity and the use of two or more mixtures will have different situations. Plastic materials should be controlled within the optimal flow value range. These are usually easy to achieve. However, the control of the mold temperature is more complicated. Different forming parts geometry, size, and wall thickness ratio have certain requirements on the cooling system, and the mold temperature controls the cooling time to a large extent; Therefore, try to sand casting the mold in an allowable low temperature state to help shorten the injection cycle and improve production efficiency. If the mold temperature changes, the shrinkage rate will also change, the mold temperature remains stable, and the dimensional accuracy is stable, thereby preventing the wondercopper from being damaged. Defects such as deformation, poor gloss, and cooling spots make the physical properties of the plastic in the best state. Of course, there is still a debugging process, especially the multi-cavity mold forming part is more complicated.
- Adjustment and control of pressure and exhaust:
- The injection pressure is appropriate and the matching of the clamping force should be determined when debugging the mold. The air in the gap formed by the mold cavity and core and the gas generated by the plastic must be discharged from the exhaust groove outside the mold, such as exhaust Poor air will cause insufficient filling, resulting in weld marks or burns. These three forming defects sometimes appear at the same place occasionally;
Supplementary shaping control for the size of injection molded parts
For some plastic parts due to different shapes and sizes, after demolding, with temperature and loss of pressure, different deformations and warpages will occur. At this time, some auxiliary tooling and fixtures can be used to adjust, and the molded parts can be quickly and quickly after being ejected from the mold. Remedial measures are taken, and a better correction and adjustment effect can be obtained after it is naturally cooled and shaped. If strict management is ensured in the entire process of china-turning, then the size of injection molded parts will be ideally controlled.